Everyone loves a bargain, right?At Design A Cake we have lots of ways for you to save even more money on our already great prices, but broadly speaking these can be split into two types "While-You-Shop" and "At-The-End".
Read on, learn more, save money.
While-You-Shop Promotional Items
- What is it? Promotional Items are individual items which have a special reduced price for everyone who shops on the website.
- Example: Promotional items will appear on the website with our regular price displayed in grey and struck-through.
- What do I need to do? With promotional items, you need do nothing more than add the item to your basket. The price displayed includes the applicable discount, so that is the price you will pay.
- What is it? We offer special discount rates for businesses, high-turnover home decorators, teachers, students and our friends at the British Sugarcraft Guild (other guilds or craft associations will be considered upon application).
- Example We apply a discount to a membership group, e.g. 10% discount for BSG members. Once your account has been created and you have been assigned to a discounted group, you will then see the special reduced prices for that membership group on the website. A handy banner displaying your membership group is visible at the top of the screen. If you see this banner, you know you are paying the correct price!
- What do I need to do? If you feel you may be eligible for our special rates, please email [email protected] with “Discounts” as your subject line. If you are accepted, we will assign you a Membership Discount Group and then all you have to do is login. You will then see your discounted price displayed beneath the SRP.
- Remember, that this discount is solely dependent on your online account. So if you do not have an account created or you are not logged in you will not receive your discounted prices.
At The End Discount Codes
- What is it? If you follow us on Facebook, subscribe to our newsletter or buy any of the cake decoration magazines you will know that we are quite fond of handing out discount codes for you to get some money off your order.
- What do I need to do? All you have to do is build your basket as usual. When you view your full Shopping Cart page you will see, underneath your order items, a link labelled "Apply Discount Code". Click this and pop your Discount Code in the box provided. Click the "Apply Discount" button and your discounted amount will now be shown in the cart summary*. In case you bypass your Shopping Cart by proceeding straight to the checkout, you may also add your Discount Code on the "Payment Method" checkout step in the same manner.
- *If your Membership Discount is equal to or greater than your Discount Code, only your Membership Discount will be applied to your order. You may be informed that the Discount Code is not available. If your Membership Discount percent is less than your Discount Code percent, the code will reduce the prices to the standard price, less the discount code percent. i.e. If an item costs £10, and your membership discount reduces your prices by 5%, but you have a promotional code for 10% off, your code will reduce the item by 10% of £10, not 10% of £9.50.